Survey of Impact Categories eUnit Description
This eUnit is suited for both Sustainability Professionals, that are managing an LCA project, and LCA practitioners. It provides an overview of each category for managers, as well as detailed information on how each category is modeled (environmental mechanisms) for practitioners and managers who want to dive deeper.
- Define what the various impact categories are measuring;
- Explain why we care about each category;
- List the major human activities and emissions affecting each impact category;
- Explain the environmental mechanisms being modeled with each impact category.
- Respiratory Inorganics;
- Ozone Depletion;
- Photochemical Ozone;
- Climate Change;
- Toxicity (human and ecotoxicity);
- Ionizing Radiation;
- Abiotic Resource Depletion;
Approximate time to complete: 1.5 - 3 hoursCost: $50/year